Chick-fil-A franchise owner Michael Hancock will open McAllen’s newest Chick-fil-A restaurant on May 31 and create more than 90 news jobs in the community. The La Plaza location at 1804 S. 10th St. is the newest location to come to the McAllen community since the grand opening of the Pharr location in 2015. With the opening of the La Plaza location, the Jackson Ave. location will close. Unlike other new Chick-fil-A restaurants, this location will not be hosting a traditional F100 event. Hancock and his team look forward to serving all of their customers delicious food in an environment of genuine hospitality and are thrilled to have another location serving the McAllen community.
About Franchise Operator Michael Hancock
Hancock has been selected as the franchisee for the new La Plaza Chick-fil-A. He began working for the brand 15 years ago in Houston where he earned a master’s in finance from the University of Houston. He discovered early that his ultimate dream was to become a Chick-fil-A Operator. However, he knew that becoming an Operator would be no small feat since the company receives some 40,000 applications yearly for approximately 100 franchise opportunities.
Wanting to stay in southeast Texas to be close to family and friends, Hancock waited patiently for the right opportunity. That happened in 2010, when he fulfilled his dream by being selected as Operator in North Laredo. He has gone onto become a multi-unit franchise owner for Chick-fil-A, a rare honor among Chick-fil-A Operators, having owned the Texas A&M International, Pharr, and Jackson Ave. locations in addition to the new La Plaza location.
One of his biggest support groups has been his own family with his wife, Jocelyn, and their daughter, Elliana. He, along with his wife, help to ensure the highest level of service is achieved for every customer. Their efforts, along with the rest of his team, has led to their restaurant being given the company’s highest honor – the Symbol of Success award.
“We’re not just in the chicken business — we’re in the people business. Our goal at Chick-fil-A La Plaza is to provide a remarkable experience for every customer, every time, and to provide sincere hospitality and be a good neighbor,” said Hancock.
The 4,968-square-foot La Plaza Chick-fil-A restaurant features a:
· traditional heritage restaurant interior design that showcases handmade, authentic materials for a vintage-inspired interior, including a large gathering table made from reclaimed wood, subway tiles, and a light fixture made from recycled Coca-Cola bottles.
· two-story interactive indoor play area for children and free Wi-Fi.
· drive thru with two ordering lanes and screens to enable customers to move quickly into a single lane for payment and pickup along with four dedicated Chick-fil-A One mobile app curbside pickup parking spots.
· dining room with seating for 100 and additional outdoor seating.
· full-service menu with a variety of healthy options and breakfast until 10:30 a.m., and will be open from
6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Like all Chick-fil-A locations, it will be closed on Sunday to provide a day of rest and time with family and friends for team members.
Chick-fil-A in McAllen
The new La Plaza Chick-fil-A restaurant is part of 129 new Chick-fil-A locations opening this year across the country, creating more than 12,000 new jobs. Find more information on the La Plaza Chick-fil-A restaurant at https://www.facebook.com/chickfilalaplaza/.