McAllen’s annual international folklife celebration, PalmFest, offers a wide variety of events this weekend at the McAllen Convention Center.
The gates open at noon on Saturday and Sunday with free admission and free parking.
PalmFest attraction include:
• Heritage Village featuring McAllen’s history and artisans. Featured will be Civil War re-enactors, carriage rides, cowboys and American Indians, storytellers, military vehicles and a classic car show.
• The Fajita Cookoff and BBQ Cookoff will have teams competing in five main categories and two jackpot categories.
• Kids-ville will feature fun kiddie rides and activities.
• RGV Rocket Launch will feature multiple appearances by the Houston Rockets as they participate in their training camp.
• Al Ragusin and His Dancing Horses will perform live shows both days.
Palmee, the official PalmFest mascot, will also be on hand to greet festival-goers throughout the weekend. PalmFest will also feature plenty of food and beverage concession stands.
For more information, visit the festival Web site, www.mcallenpalmfest.com or call 956-682-5566.