The Hidalgo County District Clerk Office is hosting a passport fair on Saturday, March 27, at the Hidalgo County Courthouse, 100 N. Closner Blvd., Edinburg. The fair will be conducted from 8 a.m. to noon in observance of National Passport Day.
In June 2009, the United States government applied the full requirements of the land and sea phase of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative. As a result, most United States citizens entering the U.S. at sea/land ports of entry to have a passport, passport card or other travel documents approved by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
The public is encouraged to process their passport application on this day. Appointments can be made by calling 956-318-2200, ext. 6270. Walk-ins are welcome.
The public should present the following to assist in the facilitation of the application process:
• Passport Application (available at Mercedes EDC, First National Bank or at www.co.hidalgo.tx.us / www.travel.state.gov)
• Proof of US Citizenship (birth certificate, long form)
• Proof of identity (valid driver’s license)
• Two recent color passport photographs (available on site for $15)
• Fees in check or money order (visit www.co.hidalgo.tx.us or
www.travel.state.gov for current fees).