The Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees are coming off a three-point weekend as the gear up for a busy week with four games. The Bees start with Tuesday and Wednesday night home games against the two DFW CHL teams as the Allen Americans and Texas Brahmas both make stops at the arena. Then this weekend the Bees travel to Laredo for a pair of games against the Bucks.
THIS WEEKS GAMES
Tuesday vs Allen Americans, 7:00 PM, State Farm Arena - Hidalgo, Texas Wednesday vs Texas Brahmas, 7:00 PM, State Farm Arena - Hidalgo, Texas Friday at Laredo Bucks, 7:30 PM, Laredo Energy Arena - Laredo, Texas Saturday at Laredo Bucks, 7:30 PM, Laredo Energy Arena - Laredo, Texas
LAST WEEKS GAMES
Friday vs Arizona Sundogs, W 5-3
An early penalty to start the game made it look like it was going to be a tough night for the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees (10-6-0) but Aaron Lee's short-handed strike quickly flipped the script. The Bees exploded for four goals in the first period and turned in a dominant performance against the Arizona Sundogs (7-9-3) on their way to a 5-1 win Friday night at State Farm Arena.
Saturday vs Arizona Sundogs, SOL 3-2
The Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees (10-6-1) fell to the Arizona Sundogs (8-9-3) by a 3-2 score on Saturday night. Reid Edmondson scored his first goal of the season and Trevor Hunt also registered a point in his first game playing for the Bees. The game went into overtime and then a shootout where the Sundogs secured the win.
BEES NEED TO KNOW
• Lee's a leader; Killer Bees forward Aaron Lee currently is tied for the league lead in goals with 13. Lee has been one of the most consistent forwards in Bees history and currently sits second all-time with 72 career goals with the Bees.
• Forward Aaron Lee signed with the Bees for his fourth season. Lee has previously suited up for 206 games with the Bees and is closing in on the record of 223 held by Bill Newson. Lee is set to tie the record on Jan. 13 against Texas and break it on Jan. 14 also against Texas.
• Mark Kroeze was signed by the Bees on November 5 to serve as an emergency back-up goalie after an injury to Dan Dunn. Kroeze is a Minnesota native who is also is the first-ever McAllen City Urban Forester. Kroeze also serves on the Killer Bees off-ice officials crew.
• The Bees have signed an affiliation agreement for the first time in franchise history as the team is now affiliated with the San Antonio Rampage of the American Hockey League and Florida Panthers of the National Hockey League.
• The Killer Bees have now won their first game of the season over the Laredo Bucks in the last two seasons. Last year the Bees opened the season with a victory over Laredo and this season the Bees defeated Laredo 6-3 last Saturday night for their first win of the year.
The Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees are proud affiliates of the Florida Panthers and the San Antonio Rampage. Season, half-season, group, and single game tickets are available by callings 956-843-7825 or for more information visit killerbeehockey.com