The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley School of Art is hosting Cross Connections: 2018 International Exhibition of Design and Illustration, a juried exhibit featuring artwork from 10 universities from around the world.
The exhibit is on view at the Brownsville Museum of Fine Art through Oct. 24, and will then move to UTRGV, where it will be on display from Nov. 5 to Nov. 20 in Edinburg, at the UTRGV School of Art Annex in the main arcade.
Curated by the UTRGV School of Art, College of Fine Arts, the exhibition consists of 96 juried works, including 80 print-based works and 16 screen-based works of animation and user-centered design from international students and faculty. The entries display a range of visual communication forms and conceptual contemporary design.
UTRGV Assistant Professor Ping Xu, who was a curator for a previous Cross Connections exhibit before moving to UTRGV, made the decision to bring the exhibition to UTRGV.
“I think it will be the perfect opportunity to internationalize UTRGV,” he said.
The selected artwork will be on display at the 10 participating institutions of higher education around the world.
· Central Academy of Fine Arts, Beijing, China (CAFA).
· Luxun Academy of Fine Arts, Dalian, China (LAFA).
· LUCA School of Arts, Ghent, Belgium (LUCA).
· Ming Chuan University, Taoyuan, Taiwan (MCU).
· National Design Institute Moscow, Russia (NDI).
· School of The Art Institute of Chicago, United States (SAIC).
· Shanghai University, China (SHU).
· Universidad Autónoma del Estado de Morelos, México (UAEM).
· The University of South Alabama, Mobile United States (USA).
· The University of Texas at Arlington, United States (UTA).
For more information about Cross Connections, visit https://www.utrgv.edu/crossco.