EDINBURG — The 1910 Jail has been a landmark in Edinburg since the city’s founding. It is also the foundation upon which the Museum of South Texas History was built.

While recent renovations should ensure a solid future for the jail, museum staff is always trying to remember the past as well. Development of the new exhibit space in the jail is underway, and the museum is looking for help from the public.

If anyone has any items related to the original jail, please contact the museum. This would include photos, newspaper articles, artifacts and architectural plans. The jail was in operation from 1910-1922 so this is the time period that will be the primary focus for exhibits. Anyone with information or donations should contact museum archivist Kelly Francis-Love at 956-383-6911 or kfrancis-love@mosthistory.org.